Friday, March 24, 2023

When gardeners wander

 

'La famille de voyageurs' by Bruno Catalano

How have you been doing, my garden family? It's been years and years, hasn't it? So much has happened in the meantime and the world as we knew it was upended, I know. And all of a sudden the whole world seemed to have discovered gardening with a passion! 

It would have been the perfect time to blog my heart out. Except, my laptop chose a few days into the lockdown to conk out! So I poured all my energy into expanding my kitchen garden and discovering new things to do with all that produce. 

Then the world opened up again and I've been travelling like never before! Which is just one of the connections with the sculpture in the pic above. I've been spotting this particular sculpture on every one of my visits to Singapore which always had to have a leisurely visit to the iconic 'Gardens by the bay'. Have you been there? It's one of my favourite places and is peppered with sculptures like this amidst  lush swathes of planting. 

But, more about that later! I just had to connect here again .... because it's 15 years since I first started blogging here. 
FIFTEEN years of The Urban Gardener blog.... Wooohoooo!

I cringe a bit when I re-read my first post  but since those first seeds have been so very productive in ways that I would never even have dreamed of, I'm not complaining. 

And so it goes. The dormant season is over. The Urban Gardener is back up and running. See you here again soon. I have tons of photos and reams of news to share but I'm a bit like the seeds in the monsoon right now. So impatient and in a hurry to get going again 😀


And just so you know, we are also on Instagram. Come find The Urban Gardener @the.urban.gardener  . Let's continue our conversation over there too .




No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, hope you enjoyed reading this post? Tell me what you think about this post; I love hearing from you.
But please note ... if there's a link in the comment, it will not be approved for publishing (sorry, but I'm getting way too much spam with links).