Monday, October 6, 2008

I was actually nominated ?!!



The winners of the 2008 Blotanical Awards have just been declared a few days ago. When I visited the site to find out who the winners were so I could buzz over to congratulate them, I was stunned to see a familiar blog name on the list .


The Urban Gardener has actually featured in the Best Asian Blog category ! It squeezed in at fourth place but ... I didnt even know that it had been nominated!

I'm so embarassed. My mother always claimed that I walk with my head in the clouds and with no idea of what's happening around me, but really...


So, to all of you who took the time and trouble to actually vote for The Urban Gardener, thank you so much, and may your blooms increase! I'm sorry if I appeared ungrateful because I didn't appreciate your efforts earlier, but I just didn't know. Please ignore my blushes and accept my thanks .


12 comments:

  1. Congratulations for for listing in the Blotanical Award. Let me repeat that you have a class blog.

    The periwinkle photograph is great. The orchid picture is good too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! The nomination was a real surprise! I didnt know about it mainly because I was tied up with my son's exams (Indian education! Parents get more stressed out than the students!)so I would just have time to peek at my mail and log off again. Maybe good things come when you dont go looking for them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Sunita, You have a lovely blog with stunning pictures also good advice and great captions. All in all well deserved.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Coming from someone whose blog is about umpteen steps ahead in every way, Trudi, that means a lot to me. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! I'm afraid I didn't vote for you (didn't know about it either), but I have found your posts very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your nomination for a Blotanical Award. I felt the same way about being nominated, quite honored. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, PGL ! Though, you have such a great blog that it's hardly surprising, right?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your blog is delightful and upbeat, Sunita! I didn't vote...not much for the competition thing. You do have my vote as one of my favorites! (if that's worth anything!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks, Kim. That's worth much more than you'll ever know.
    Its worth all the early-morning and late-night hours of pecking away at the keyboard.
    Its worth hearing all those disgruntled "Mama, cant you do that later?".
    Its worth all those hours in the hot sun trying to get a good photo, at a time when all sane creatures are hiding in the shade.
    Its worth .... well, more than you'll ever know :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations, though belated, but sincere nevertheless. I am not at all surprised that you got a prize! You have a very nice post.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you, Raji. It was a fun event and I think I enjoyed it more because I didnt know that I had been nominated ; )

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hope you enjoyed reading this post? Tell me what you think about this post; I love hearing from you.
But please note ... if there's a link in the comment, it will not be approved for publishing (sorry, but I'm getting way too much spam with links).