Okay, its happened. The moment I feared has jumped down my throat .... coming up against something that I havent a clue how to handle and having to admit it to all of Cyberland.
I've been tagged by Kate at http://themanicgardener.com/ and I realise that:
a) I have to find out what "tagged" means. I've only heard the term on Discovery channel on all those wildlife shows where the over-enthu guys go around shooting a bucket-load of sedatives into a lion or rhino or something equally dangerous, and then proceed to give them a ear-ring or necklace stuffed with something that'll keep tracking them through bush and high mountain.
Okay, if its a necklace, please make it silver. Hmmm, even antique gold will do.
b) If I have to link to 6 other people I'm in deep trouble ! I dont know 6 people who also blog, so well that they'll take kindly to being tagged in turn.
So Kate, I'll have to bend a rule here... it'll have to be less than 6, I'm afraid.
c) What on earth would I reveal about myself? I'm one of the most boring people I know.
d) There are rules! Okay, maybe thats not so bad... I just have to follow them. Not something I'm wonderful at, but still, here goes...
First step : Link to the person who tagged you. Hmmm, that was Kate at The Manic Gardener and I think I've already done that in the first paragraph.
Second : Post the rules on the blog. Pay attention here... these are the rules.
Third : Write six random things about yourself. Here goes:
1) I'm a voracious reader. I go through a book every other day and it could be anything from children's books to historicals to romances to biographies to the literature on the back of detergent packets. If I see printed matter, I just have to put everything else aside till I read it. No wonder my housework takes ages to complete!
Oh, and I also zig-zag between a couple of books at a time, reading a bit of one book now and part of the other, later in the day.
2) I collect recipes. There's something about all those plain, ordinary words and ingredients, melding and merging to make awesome, sensory magic that is, well, pure magic.
I dont enjoy cooking though. Not the ordinary everyday variety cooking. Now if its something fancy, yes. But morning breakfast, afternoon lunch, evening tea, night dinner, and then repeat the next day, and the next.... NO! Too boring. Plus its too hot to stay in the kitchen. And a whole gaggle of wise men (and women) have said "if you cant stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen"! I'm trying, I'm trying.
3) I've always had long hair. Except for one time when I cut it short and hated it. The longest was hip-length. Now its just above my waist.
I was born with curly hair, it grew out to become wavy, and now I've straightened it because I like straight hair.
4) My verandah is my most lived-in 'room' in my house. I love sitting there at all times of the day, especially when it is raining.
5) If someone advises me a bit too much, I go out of the way to make sure I don't follow that advice. I just dig my heels in and dont budge. Yeah, that could also go under the heading "foolishly stubborn".
6) I speak 2 languages fluently (English and Malayalam), 1 language well-enough to be understood but not grammar-perfect (Hindi), understand another 2 languages but am a bit rusty with them (French and Tamil), and struggle with 1 more language but need a lot of help with it (Marathi).
Okay, thats all I'm revealing. On to the next set of rules:
Fourth : Tag six people at the end of your post. I'm tagging
Barbee' at Barbee's Blog http://barbeeslog.blogspot.com/,
Trudi at Yesterday Today and Tomorrow In My Garden http://titania-yesterdaytodayandtomorrow.blogspot.com/
Kanak at Terra Farmer http://terrafarmer.blogspot.com/
The Intercontinental Gardener http://intercontinentalgardener.blogspot.com/
Come on, Kate. Four out of six isnt so bad. To make up for the shortfall, I'll make another two revelations instead.
1)I'm mad about crafting. Embroidery, cross-stitch, gourd crafts, nature crafts, soap making... I do them all and love learning new crafts all the time.
2)I find it difficult to throw things away. Things like rocks with interesting shapes or shells with lovely colours, interesting seed-pods, beautiful poems .... everything is stored away in my home.
Fifth : Let each person know that they've been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
Sixth : Let the tagger know when your entry is up.
There! Thats it. Kate, I hope you know what you've let Cyberland in for.